Caiman Ecological Refuge (“superior” category room at Baiazinha lodge)
- Caiman Refuge’s “Baiazinha” lodge sits next to a permanent lake
Caiman Lodge was established in 1987 and was the first ecotourism operation in the Southern Pantanal. It is located on a 131,000-acre (53,000-hectare) ranch 23 miles (36 kilometers) from the small town of Miranda, in the Pantanal wetlands in the State of Mato Grosso do Sul.
It has 2 complexes some distance apart from each other, which don’t share any common spaces: Baiazinha, and Cordilheira.
Baiazinha Lodge has 6 rooms and is located on the shores of a permanent lake (i.e. never dries up) with crystal-clear waters. Cordilheira Lodge has 5 suites and sits between a seasonal lake and a wooded hillside.
- Location: Pantanal
- Stars categorization for this lodging: Lodge
- Our categorization for this lodging: Comfort category (see our categorization standards below)
- Quantity of rooms: 11 rooms
- Important: this hotel only allows guests not younger than 8 years old
FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Has free Wi-Fi in lobby (Wi-Fi might be available in other public areas)
- Offers laundry service (has an extra cost)
- Does not have public PCs with Internet access for guests
- Room category included: “superior” category room at Baiazinha lodge
- Approximate room size: 290 square feet (27 square meters). This size includes also the balcony area.
- Bed options for double room: 1 queen sized double bed or 2 twin beds
- Bed options for triple room: triple rooms for 3 adults are not available for this room category. For 3 adults, we can request 1 double room plus 1 single room or we can check whether there are triple rooms available in a higher room category in this hotel or in another hotel of the same category.
- Hair dryer
- Private bathroom with shower (no bathtub)
- Private balcony with hammock
- Air Conditioning
- In-room safe
- No TV
- No in-room minibar
Important: Room photos are for illustration purposes only. Actual room layout and design may vary from room to room.